Thursday, June 25, 2009

Weigh in day 6/25/09 - Small gain :(

I guess I should have expected a gain - this past weekend I went home for father's day. For starters, I didn't exercise at all. Then my whole extended family came together to throw a surprise birthday party for my grandmother's 80th birthday. It was catered, complete with 7 layer chocolate cake for dessert. Then on father's day we had lunch with our extended family. It was a cookout with leftover cake for dessert. And then on father's day night my immediate family had dinner together - another cookout with leftover cake! Not to mention all the s'mores I made this weekend, using the many grills at all the cookouts. But I was feeling optimistic... why is it that whenever I'm certain I'll gain I always lose, and when I'm feeling optimistic I gain or have a small loss? Strange. Anyway, I'm still in the 180's - barely. To make matters worse, this week I'm going on a cruise from Monday - Friday. To make matters even worse, I'm going with my friend who has been my "pig-out" friend in the past... you know, the one friend that you can hang out with and eat as much as you want without being judged. The friend with whom you can go to a restaurant and pig out, then out for a large ice cream, then out to a movie where you pig out on popcorn. Sometimes she is dieting too, but right now she's kind of in an eating free-for-all and has already expressed her intentions to eat whatever she wants while on the cruise. I'm worried there will be peer pressure to eat and to avoid working out. On the phone the other day I talked to her about how I didn't want to gain weight on the cruise and how I wanted to work out, and she was like "Um, you only go on a cruise once in your life," suggesting I should really just forget the diet and pig out. I'm already fighting my own inner demons that tell me to eat eat eat, so if she adds her voice to theirs I'm afraid I won't be able to resist! And if I go back into the 190's I'll be upset :( It takes me a month to lose 5 pounds, and I could easily gain 5 pounds in a week of eating cruise food. I don't want to undo a month or more of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment