Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I decided to do a separate post to acknowledge 2010. It's especially significant because it was this time last year (January 5th, 2009) that I started weight watchers. At the time I wasn't sure that I would stay on the plan for more than a month, but here I am, down 52.5 pounds with just 20 left to go!

I'm always really hard on myself. I was thinking about 2009 and I thought something along the lines of "glad that's over" when I realized that I actually achieved a lot in 2009. But I tend to focus on my flaws and failings instead of my achievements, so I wasn't even seeing them. I decided to make a list of my achievements in 2009:

In 2009, I:
  • Lost 53.4 lbs
  • Graduated with a Master's Degree
  • Started on a career path
  • Rescued a stray kitty, who makes me happy every day
  • Got out of a relationship that was going nowhere
  • Met a new guy :)
That's actually quite a lot! Better than most years, I might say. I don't ever make new year's resolutions anymore, but this year I thought I might try it again: In 2010, I resolve to look at myself more positively, acknowledge my achievements, appreciate my good qualities, and stop underestimating myself! It's about time!

2 comments:

  1. hey just wondering where you went. how are you doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm still alive... just got majorly distracted by some changes in my life. Unfortunately I gained 8 lbs back, but I'm trying really hard to get back on track. I'm going to start blogging again - it helps me make weight loss a key focus. Thanks for checking!

    ReplyDelete