Sunday, November 8, 2009

Update of the past few weeks

Sooo when I gain weight I don't really feel like posting... hence, I haven't posted in the last couple of weeks :( Here's a brief update:

2 weeks ago I went on my first official ride - a 25 mile ride that turned into a 30 mile ride because the route was so poorly marked. My dad came and did it with me, and it was a lot of fun. I didn't even feel that tired afterwards. Unfortunately, I gained 0.4 lbs that week because I felt that the ride entitled me to eat whatever I wanted.

Last week I gained 2.4 lbs because of Halloween candy, a visit from my boyfriend that involved restaurants, and our breakup at the end of that visit that spurred some emotional eating.

A few days ago, after I weighed in and saw the big gain, I decided to join weight watchers meetings. I've been doing WW online since January but I've never been to a meeting before. There happens to be a meeting location at a church in my neighborhood, so I went to try a meeting and signed up right there. I'm hoping that group support will help get me through these gains and re-start my motivation, then help me through the last part of my weight loss. I did like it when they all clapped for me when I told them about the 30 mile bike ride :)

Finally, although I don't normally set numeric weight goals for myself, I decided to do just that. The big Christmas party with my entire mom's side of the family is December 23rd, a little over 6 weeks away. I would like to get to 165 by then, which means losing 11.8 lbs. 165 was how much I weighed at my sister's wedding, and everyone told me over and over how great I looked. I know 11.8 lbs is a bit much to lose in 6 weeks, but I want to push really hard and make up for my recent gains. I'm going to use the new meetings as a reason to stick to the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment