Thursday, November 12, 2009

Weigh in day 11/12/09 - perhaps my biggest loss ever!

I lost 4.6 lbs this week! I didn't even know that was possible! Remember, to reach my goal of losing 11.8 lbs by Dec 23rd, I needed to lose about 2 lbs per week. Now I only have to lose 1.2 lbs per week!

I think I lost so fast because whenever I gain weight very quickly (like the 3 lbs I gained in the 2 weeks prior to this one) I tend to lose it very quickly once I'm trying again. Also, I exercised every day - a 12-15 mile ride on my bike before work and on the weekend. The one day I didn't get a ride in I went for a brisk 30 min walk before the sun went down. So basically, exercise is essential for me to lose a significant amount of weight. The only thing I'm worried about for this week is that it's supposed to pour rain for a few days because of the tropical storm coming up from the south and I can't get in a bike ride.

It's also worth noting that I feel like I'm conquering the breakup by being so successful with my weight loss!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin, I've been following your blog for quite some time...not really sure where I found it. Congrats on all your progress! You look great! I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. But it sounds like you are learning to not turn to food to deal with emotions. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C! I'm glad I have someone reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete