Thursday, November 19, 2009

Weigh in day 11/19/09

Small loss this week - 0.8 lbs. But still, a loss is a loss. Unfortunately I barely got to exercise this week. On Thursday, my last weigh in day, it was raining so I couldn't go for a bike ride. I was so motivated by last week's big loss, however, that I decided to work out inside using my free weights. Unfortunately I overdid it, because I was so sore for the next few days that I couldn't work out at all. It was mainly my calves - I did suicides, squats, jumping jacks, and other calf-pounding exercises you probably shouldn't do without stretching. Once I was finally not sore I got in one bike ride before it rained for days. It's still raining today, so no bike ride for me :( But it's supposed to clear up soon, so I want to ride every day I can and see another big loss. On that one bike ride I went on, I achieved my fastest average speed ever - 13mph. When I started riding I always averaged around 10mph, and lately it's been more like 12.5mph. Once I get up to 15 average mph I think I'll feel comfortable joining a group and going on group rides.

As for the breakup, I think I'm feeling a lot better. From time to time I get pensive and reminiscent. In these moods I usually listen to sad songs and just steep in my grief. He is still calling me, almost every day. Neither one of us wanted to just cut off all contact. But the conversations are short and awkward, and afterwards I feel worse. I keep wondering if I wasted the last two years of my life on a doomed relationship. After my last breakup I searched desperately for a new boyfriend because I felt like I couldn't be alone, but this time I don't feel like I want another one for a while. Maybe I'll just sit back and wait for one to come to me.

2 comments:

  1. They will be coming to you because you are a hot mamajama! You just wait.

    ... BTW, I accidentally posted a comment under a post you did in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam's mom! I hope you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete