Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baaad week! Scared to weigh in...

So... last Thursday was my weigh in day, when I posted about finally being under 200. It was also my good friend's birthday, so I drove home early (I was already going to come for easter weekend.) Before driving home I stopped by the cupcake shop to get her half a dozen awesome cupcakes as a present, but I was good and didn't get myself any. Well, we went to a restaurant for her birthday. I was good and only took a couple of bites out of the appetizer. For dinner I got a hummus and goat cheese salad, which was reeeeally good. At the end of the day I still had plenty of weeklies left, and I felt proud for managing it so well. Then the next day, my mom set up lunch at a restaurant with my aunt and cousins. We went to chili's, so I got the guiltless grill salmon, which is now served only with broccoli and is 7 points. So I was good then too. Then for dinner I went to my cousin's house, where I ate a lot of fruit and a homemade lean hamburger. She also had some ice cream pies she made out of light ice cream, so I had a piece of that. At the end of that day I had used a few more of my weeklies, but overall I was still doing well. THEN came Saturday... for some reason I was hungry throughout the day and had to keep nibbling on things. My sister, her husband, and my aunt, uncle, and cousin came over for dinner. By that time I had given up on being good. I mean, I had resisted SO much temptation in the last couple of days! So I ate plenty of cheese and crackers, then had dinner (with dessert), then made smores around my parent's new chiminea outside. A lot of smores. And of course, the next day was easter, so the "easter bunny," who is suffering empty nest syndrome and takes delight in visiting adult children when they come home, gave me a basket of candy. To top it all off, my friend had a crisis and came over, so we went out to lunch together, and then went for gelato and a cupcake. By the time this was all over, my weekly points were faaaaar into the negative. Also, I was unable to exercise on Friday or through the weekend because I was so busy doing family stuff, and I didn't exercise Monday because I was working on finishing the draft of my thesis all day. So I'm definitly going to gain this week, and probably be over 200 again, which will make me CRY.

But, on a positive note, I've jumped back on the plan with renewed enthusiasm, if anything to try and minimize the damage before weigh in day. I'll post again on Thursday with results...

No comments:

Post a Comment