Thursday, April 9, 2009

Weigh in day 4/9/09 - FINALLY UNDER 200!

YAY :) :) :)

I lost 2.3 lbs this week, making me 199 lbs! I haven't been under 200 for over a year now! So I've lost 18 lbs total since January. That's a lot! And if you look at my goals, you'll see that my goal weight of 150 is now 49 lbs away. That's under 50! It used to be 67 lbs away, which seemed so intimidating... but 49 sounds a lot better to me!

In other news, I found a weight/food tracking journal I was keeping at this time last year. I started trying to lose weight on my own in the beginning February of last year and kept it up until mid April. In February of last year I weighed 204 lbs, and by the time I quit trying in April I weighed 201. Only 3 lbs in two months! No wonder I gave up. I was counting calories and going to a gym, but I later found out I was working TOO hard! I would run for extended periods of time on the treadmill with my heart rate around 190, and then go work out on weight machines for an hour. A dietician later told me that with a heart rate that high I wasn't burning fat, I was burning straight glucose. I was also eating way too little calories, so I guess my body wanted to hold on to my fat. So anyway I gave up, and then gained about 19 lbs until this past December, when I tried again on my own and got to the 217 lbs I was at when I started weight watchers in January. I know at some point before December I weighed 220 lbs, I just didn't ever want to weigh myself. But now I'm down to 199! Being under 200 makes such a big difference to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment