Friday, March 20, 2009

Why I'm doing this

I got this idea from Lauren's blog - making a list to remind myself why I'm trying so hard to lose weight. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. I want to be confident - I've suffered from low self esteem my entire life. A lot of it is tied to my weight. I automatically place myself at a lower value than everyone else, and I assume that everyone sees me that way too.

2. Exploring the world requires a certain level of fitness - I want to go on adventures once I graduate, which is hard to do when I'm carrying so much extra weight around.

3. I want to be healthy - losing weight will lower my high blood pressure and make the symptoms of my PCOS subside. I'll also get sick less, be able to do things without getting winded, and I'll just feel better in general.

4. It's about time my body matched my personality - I'm an energetic person. I don't like sitting still for long periods of time. My thoughts race through my head at a million miles an hour. Why should my body be stuck in the mud?

5. I want to feel comfortable in my own body - I'm always so concious of the fat on my body. I do things to try to carry it differently or hide it. I'm tired of feeling so ill at ease with my body. I'm also tired of clothes that squeeze and hurt!

6. For my future children (even though they are faaaar in the distant future) - PCOS will make it difficult for me to have children, especially if I'm overweight. And if I manage to have children, I don't want to set a bad example for them. Plus, I want to be able to keep up with them!

7. Now is the time! - The longer I wait, the more difficult it will be. I'm still young. I don't want to squander the best days of my life by staying overweight!

No comments:

Post a Comment